Monday, March 9, 2009

Update number whatever - Compromises

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of cleaning up all of my film, and it's taking a lot longer than I thought it would. This is typical, as I generally have no concept of time. Anyway, I'm thinking of what this means, and I have two options: take longer than usual on the clean-up and don't fully color the film, or pull a string of all-nighters to get myself back on schedule (maybe). I think I choose the former.

This is actually probably a good thing considering my original idea for this film's color was to have it be like a tri-tone sepia and that was it. I tried to do that when doing my color keys, but I have limited knowledge of color (I blame it on the colorblindness), so more and more kept creeping in.

Anyway, this way the coloring will go faster, the people coloring for me will be less confused, and everything will generally be easier for me...I like it! Oh man, think about how much easier the backgrounds will be! I could even stylize the way they're colored, which sounds pretty fantastic.

Ok bye.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I think you can keep your color simple. The animation and story are strong, and the color is not important. You do need SOME color, though. I am sure you can find a compromise.

Victor said...

I always assumed this film would be sepia anyway. No loss to meeeeeee.