Monday, September 29, 2008

Animatic with animation

Okay, guys. Finally I have something to put on this thing. Sorry for the lack of updates, but Frame Thief is a huge jerk, and I am forced to take my image sequences into After Effects and render them out from there. That takes a while, so I've been lazy and ended up doing it all today. That probably took longer than doing each one individually, so that's what I get for being a lazy kid.

Anyway, I realize there is a problem with pacing going on because I couldn't see how much down time I needed between shots until I put them all together in Premiere. I tried to fix it up real quick-like by putting an individual frame before and after problem shots, but it's still a little off. That's easy enough to fix, though.

This is really all about the animation anyway, which I'm guessing could use some fine-tuning. I plan on doing that part during the clean-up phase of my film, though, because I can't afford to go back and redo stuff right now. I have so much work to do next week. What was I thinking when I made this schedule? Frowns all around.

The clip I know needs some work is the one where the cowboy shoots at the bottles on the wall after taking off his hat. I'll try and do better with uploading pencil tests as I do them, honest.


Rawhide Animatic with Animation from Carder Scholin on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Victor said...

I think your stuff is looking awesome, Carder. Sure there's a long way to go, but you seem totally on top of it. I do have some notes, though.

- It kind of bothers me that the villain falls out of frame during the opening. I keep wishing he'd do a face-plant and stay in frame instead.

-There's some general timing and pacing nitpicks that I won't waste comment space on. We can chat later if you're interested (I just IMed you... oh techmology).

But really I wanted to take the comment to just say good job.

Daniela said...

I really like your animation. the part where he rushes to pick her up from the tracks is great!

I actually like the villain dying outside the frame (we're not gonna see him again anyway, and you can enjoy his leg falling to the ground).

Maybe the damsel should die a more comical death at the end?
I wish she could get hit by another train! (just so he doesn't have to kill her).
But maybe I'm being too sensitive... this looks amazing.

Yang said...

WOW!BLOOOOD.!!
I like the story!!The animation part for the train is just amazing,and some poses that u created are already making sense. I think u made a good decision for the end scene too, because I can see u hav a good control of the entire theme and style.