Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Animatic for Final Review (Kind of)

OK, I'm done animating for the semester. I have a final at 7, and my animation review is tomorrow at 2:30, so there's really nothing more I can do unless I pull an all-nighter...which I won't. I'm saving those for next semester. Animation has gotten slow, and I think it's because I've come to expect more out of myself, so when I produce something I think is sub-par, I get really discouraged and everything falls apart for the day. There are a bunch of shots I've done recently that I want to redo (the fall...), but oh well. The Damsel does need to move in the Alien 3 shot, but I'm going to work some After Effects magic on that one instead of actually animating it, so she's still for now.

I thought I had edited out all the shots I was cutting, but there are still some extraneous ones in the end, so I'll have to get rid of those tomorrow before my review. After the cowboy gets up, there will be no montage of him shooting zombies and their bodies hitting the ground. Stuff like that just takes up too much time, even if it is the most fun.

Edit: Oh, crap. I also forgot to put in the shot of the cowboy's boots backing up. That one is also done.

Anyway, here:

Final Review Animatic from Carder Scholin on Vimeo.

"You can't fight city hall." - Cliff Barnes.

1 comment:

Caitling said...

CW...

Hope the holiday is finding you well and rested! No discouraging thought about animating eh? Me neither. Actually, I haven't had many thoughts at all. A HA HA.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to the rest of your film, your animation really has come alive over the semester. Particularly the drool and gore; it has been a real pleasure watching it blossom. Keep it up! You might not be able to fight city hall, but you sure as hell can animate.

See you soon. I can't wait for more Dallas.