Monday, December 8, 2008

Second pass at color keys

Okay guys. Here's my second (and third?) attempt at these color things. I warmed everything up, and (I think) made the difference more drastic in terms of just color alone. The second picture has a red overlay over the second and third panels. Is that even better, or is it too much? You have to tell me because I don't really trust myself to know. Is that sad? I think I'm leaning towards it being too much because it minimizes the contrast, but I could easily just up the transparency in the overlays if they do end up adding an additional oomph to everything.





Now, back to animating this beast. I just want to thank one Caitlin Craggs for saving everyone and bringing speakers down here. What a trooper.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I think the red is just a little too much, but the color palette looks just fine without it :)

Sheila said...

Carder- remember that reds tend to bleed. I would tone it down a bit- your film is dramatic enough without it.

Victor said...

Yeah, the overlay is overkill.